Free School Meals
A child is eligible for free school meals if their parent or carer receives one or more of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- income-based Job Seekers' Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and have an annual gross income, of no more than £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (Parents who are made redundant or start working less that 16 hours per week, may find their children are entitled to free meals for a limited period.)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- all Universal Credit claimants are currently eligible for education benefits
Check your Eligibility
A parent or guardian may wish to check their child's eligibility for Pupil Premium or continued free school meals and HC3S has an online service for this. The service allows you to check your own eligibility for free school/college meals, or you can check on behalf of someone else.
To complete a check you will need the following information for yourself, or the person you are checking on behalf of:
- Name, home address and email address
- National Insurance Number or National Asylum Support Service reference number
- Child or student's name, date of birth and school/college
Applying for Free School Meals
Applications for free meals should be made directly to Cove School!
Proof of benefit is required before free meals can be authorised.
If parents/guardians believe they qualify for free school meals, a copy of the application form for "Free School Meals" can be printed and completed, it can be downloaded below!
The form should be handed in to reception!
Further information may be found on the Hampshire County Council Website.