Special Educational Needs & Disability
Cove School is a mainstream secondary school for children aged 11-16 with a specialist resourced provision for children with a hearing impairment. The resourced provision is lead by a fully trained Teacher of the Deaf.
At Cove school we regard inclusion as synonymous with Equal Opportunity. Everyone has the right to participate in society and should therefore have the opportunity to learn within their community. Inclusion is the process of removing barriers to participation and learning so that everyone benefits fully from educational opportunities.
Inclusion not only respects but also welcomes and celebrates diversity.
We believe that all children should be valued equally regardless of their abilities, background, circumstances or behaviour. (see also ‘Cove School; Single Equality Statement’ and ‘Cove School Our Commitment to Inclusion’, copies of which can be provided on request)
You can download the detailed SEN Policy at the bottom of this page!
Commonly Asked Questions...
- How do we know if your child needs extra help?
- How will both you and I know how my child is doing?
- How will the education setting staff support my child?
- How will the curriculum be matched to my child's needs?
- How much support my child will receive?
- What support will there be for my child's wellbeing?
- What training is provided for staff?
- How accessible is your education setting?
- How are parent carers/ young people involved?
- What steps should I take if I have a concern?
- How will the school support my child at transitions?
- Where can I get further information?