The Deaf Friendly Pledge
Cove School is proud to support the Deaf Friendly School's Pledge promoted by the NDCS and shares its aims which are as follows:
- Ensure that the whole school community is deaf aware.
- Foster positive attitudes towards deafness.
- Promote effective communication.
- Develop an acoustically friendly environment.
- Use technical equipment effectively.
- Adopt a whole school commitment to the inclusion of deaf children.
- Have high expectations of deaf children and develop them to their fullest potential.
- Create equal learning and social opportunities for deaf children.
- Work in partnership with specialist support teams and other agencies.
- Provide opportunities to meet other deaf children and adults.
A copy of these aims is displayed in the reception area of the school.